WHAT INFORMATION DOES MAG AMERICA COLLECT FROM YOU?
Via the Site, MAG America collects from you: (i) personally identifiable information, and (ii) technical and other information. Please understand, however, that we do not collect from you any personally identifiable information unless you voluntarily provide such information to us.
• General Web Site Visitors. When you browse the Site, you do so anonymously; no personally identifiable information is collected.
• Contacting Us. The Site permits you to reach out to us via email. Whenever you send an email via the Site or otherwise contact us via the Site, you may be providing us with your first name, last name, personal and/or business email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message. For example, you may choose to provide your phone number, mailing address or other information necessary or helpful for us to address your query or concern.
• Newsletters. When you sign up via our Site to receive our newsletters, you provide us with your email address, first name and last name.
• Donations. When you choose to make a donation, we ask you for your personal contact information, such as your name or the name of your organization, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Your credit card number and credit card identification number (“CCID”) will be processed by a third-party payment processor and will be used by that third-party payment processor for purposes of processing and verifying the transaction. Such third-party payment processor may store the credit card number and a “token” that facilitates the transaction, but it will not store your CCID. We will not store your credit card number or CCID.
Otherwise, we do not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. We currently process and comply with various web browsers’ “do not track” signals and other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. Further, we have not knowingly authorized any third parties, other than Google through Google Analytics, to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site. Nonetheless, such third party companies (e.g., companies providing features or functionality on the Site, etc.) may collect and use non-personal information during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements on other sites about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect such information.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
• Our Use of Information. We collect, retain, and use your personally identifiable information for legitimate business purposes only, including without limitation the following:
to respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request);
to contact you and to provide you information regarding MAG America and/or our products and/or services;
to operate or improve the Site;
to correspond with you regarding the Site or our services;
to inform you of developments at MAG America;
to monitor Site visitor traffic patterns and Site usage;
to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies; and/or
to protect the interests, rights, property, or security of MAG America, other Site visitors, and others.
• Sharing Information. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We share your information only with our affiliates and service providers or other companies we may partner with from time to time or as otherwise described herein in order to provide you with our products and/or services. Also, we may share in aggregate, statistical form, non-personal information regarding the visitors to the Site, traffic patterns, and Site usage with our partners or advertisers. In addition, we will disclose information we maintain, including personally identifiable information: (i) when required to do so by law, or may disclose such information in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority or (ii) to protect the integrity or security of the Site or the interests, rights, or property of MAG America.
• Grants. In order to qualify for grants, we need to disclose our donors to some degree. Therefore, if you do not want your name disclosed as a donor, you have the option to opt out. A donor may withdraw permission to use and disclose personal information at any time. Donors who wish to avoid any public recognition may inform MAG America when making a pledge or gift. The option to remain anonymous shall be made available to donors by MAG America. This request for anonymity shall be honored by MAG America until the donor informs us otherwise.
• Solicitations. We may contact you for further donations and/or solicit you to volunteer or support our charity in various capacities.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personally identifiable information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may obtain from us, by email the information in our records. If you wish to make any changes to any personally identifiable information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving newsletters, marketing and/or promotional materials, and/or other materials or communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com. If you choose to opt out, however, you may not be able to access or use certain features or functionality of our Site.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1-312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. Moreover, we do not knowingly permit donations via the Site from any users under the age of 18. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
MAG America may reference or provide links on the Site to third party websites. We are not responsible for the third party websites, and you should review the privacy policies posted on such sites. Please be aware that MAG America does not control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Because security is important to both MAG America and you, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. Please be aware, however, that Internet data transmission is not always secure and we cannot and do not guarantee that information you transmit utilizing the Site is secure.
MAG America may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of its assets to a third party. Your personally identifiable information, business information and/or technical information we obtain from you via the Site (or otherwise) may be disclosed to any potential or actual purchasers of such assets and/or may be among those assets transferred.
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you are a resident of a country other than the United States of America, by using this Site and providing us your personally identifiable information you explicitly acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to and from the United States and all jurisdictions worldwide.
MAG America, Inc.
1776 K Street, NW Suite 700
Washington, DC 20006