Fundraise for MAG
Join the Fight. Become a Fundraising Leader and raise funds to aid MAG with our life-saving work.
MAG trains and employs thousands of de-miners around the world. These individuals work long hours in harsh conditions to help rebuild the communities they live in and improve the quality of life for themselves and their friends, family, and neighbors. Now you too can join the fight helping to raise funds for MAG to expand the work of our team in the field and get rid of more mines and UXO.
We can do this. You can help remove landmines.
As Master Jin Kwon said "[It is] needless to say that individuality counts but team work dynamites."
Individual donations are essential to our work and to our global efforts to remove landmines, however we can only continue to grow and
expand our operations if new people join the MAG family. MAG's work has directly benefited over 4.5 million people, but millions more are still at risk. The larger the MAG family, the more communities and people our work will benefit. You can help us help these people by helping to raise funds.
Share your passion for MAG by becoming a MAG Fundraising Leader and hosting an awareness-building or fundraising event in your community. Hosting a fundraiser for MAG is easy, simple, straightforward, and fun! It can be done from your home, local business, or community center. It’s a great excuse to get family, friends, and neighbors together while supporting a good cause. Plus, we supply all the necessary materials to help you make it a success (including free goodies for you and your guests)!
Here are some event ideas, but only your imagination is the limit!
- Host a screening of Surviving the Peace: Laos.
- Host a silent auction
- Have a “Wine to De-mine” wine tasting party -- Ask your friends to bring their favorite bottle of wine and a donation to help MAG.
- Throw a “Music Beats Mines” benefit concert -- Find a local restaurant, bar, or caterer to sponsor a brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- Hold a MAG Happy Hour at your favorite bar -- Walk around to bars in your area and ask them to sponsor the event with a drink special and venue donation!
Have another idea? Make it happen and tell us about it!
Follow the steps below to become a MAG Fundraising Leader:
- Decide on the type of event you want to host
- Do some preliminary planning (check out some of our suggestions, tips, and tricks)
- Download, complete, and return our Event Intent Form
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want more information!
We’ll Provide the Supplies.
MAG will supply all the necessary materials to make your event a success.
Here are some of the items we can offer:
- Free DVD copy of Survivng the peace, Bomb Harvest and Conflict Recovery
- Free MAG schwag for you and your guests
- Promotional materials (invitations, flyers, etc.)
- Informational materials
- Event publicity
Suggestions, Tips, and Tricks for a Successful Event
- Enlist help. Ask friends and associates to help plan, organize, and promote your event.
- Mix and match events. While any of our ideas work well on its own, a combination will often work even better. Try combining a dinner with a movie or silent auction.
- Find Sponsors. Finding local businesses and organizations to help sponsor your event is a great way to spread the word about MAG while reducing any costs associated with the event.
- Be Creative. Often the most successful events are ones that have a unique personal touch to them. Don’t be afraid to try new and unusual things.
- Promote, promote, promote. Use social media like Facebook and Twitter, listservs, and our editable flyers and invitations to promote your event.